Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Before the Holidays

Last year I heard of a family that does an annual progressive dinner around Christmas time so they can see each other's home's during the Christmas season. I loved that idea and wanted to copy it. So I mentioned it to both families. Carolee thought it would be fun to do it on a Monday night for family home evening. So the Monday before Christmas we did a Family Home Evening progressive dinner. It was so much fun. We started at Hedi and Jeff's house they did the appetizer and prayer. We then went to Joey and Nick's for veggies and songs. We had dinner at Leif and Roxanna's and they did the scripture. We came to our home for the lesson. We did the birth of Christ. We then went to Brett's mom and dad's for treats and the activity. Carolee made sugar cookie stockings and a yummy bunt cake. For our activity we did a gift exchange. It was such a fun night. I hope it becomes our new family tradition. I loved seeing every ones home all decorated for Christmas and it was also fun to do a big family home evening with everyone. I wouldn't mind doing it a couple of times through out the year.The kids doing songs!
Dinner

We had a December play day with Jaxson's younger cousins. RyLee and Kylen were able to make it. We played toys, ate a Christmas lunch, made a craft, did playdough, bubbles and read stories.
I made Jaxson Christmas cupcakes last year and decided I would do it every year. This year we added Snowmen and Santa's. I thought they turned out so amazing!

Dressed in our Christmas clothes for church. I loved Jaxson's Sunday Christmas outfit this year he looked so adorable.
Our ward had a Christmas party the second week of December. At the end of the party there was a special visitor, Santa. Jaxson loved watching him and was very excited Santa was there. When it was his turn to sit on Santa's lap he wasn't as excited. I thought we were going to get the classic screaming and crying with Santa picture. He didn't cry but I think he was happy and relieved to get off his lap he did love the sack of goodies Santa had brought him.


On Monday, December 14 we had a family dinner and FHE at Eric and Elizabeth's. Santa stopped on by to see what the kids were wishing for. This is one of my favorite things we do during the Christmas season as an Olsen family. I remember as a little girl we would have Santa come to our home and I always felt so special that Santa would come to our home. All of Jaxson's cousin went before him so when it was his turn he walked over to Santa all by himself, asked for a ball, admired his bread and loved his sack from Santa filled with goodies and toys.
Santa's coming!
Having a heart to heart with Santa about bring him a ball.

No comments:

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones