Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas. Brett and I both loved watching Christmas through Jaxson's eyes. He was so happy with his ball from Santa that could have been Christmas enough for him. Jaxson, Brett and myself received so many nice presents. We were spoiled this year. Jaxson started coughing Christmas Eve afternoon, was up all night long but still managed to enjoy Christmas. We found out on Saturday that he had an ear infection--no fun--he is already feeling better thankfully. We had to talk him into putting his ball next to him and opening presents.

I gave Brett a 32 GB IPOD touch. He was very happy with it and played with it almost non stop Christmas day. I was clueless when I bought it and had no idea all the things it could do. After I found out it made more sense why they cost what they do. =) In October I accidentally washed his MP3 player that he uses daily at work he was a great sport about it and thankfully held off getting something else so I could have a great Christmas gift for him.
Brett completely surprised me with the beautiful Kitchen Aid. My Oprah trip was suppose to be my Christmas and Anniversary gift this year but when I walked into the kitchen this gorgeous Kitchen Aid was waiting for me. I've been using my mom's almost weeklysince Aug. to make things for Jax and our family. I'm so excited to have my very own I'll for sure put it to use. It's a special addition so the bowl is glass and all the attachments are silver. I couldn't have picked a better one myself. I just love it!
We spent the morning opening our presents in our home, then went to my parents for our annual Christmas breakfast my parents cook up a storm. I'm not much of a big breakfast eater but I do love their Christmas breakfast. We then go and see each other's Christmas. Jaxson napped he was so tired and Brett and I prepared our food assignments for his parents Christmas dinner. We went down to his parents home. Brett went sledding and snowboarding on a hill his dad had made for them in their back yard (it was funny seeing Brett turn back into a little kid again) , we ate dinner and opened more fantastic presents. It was a perfect Christmas except Jax-a-roo feeling under the weather. Hope you had a Christmas too!

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! Isaac got an ear infection (and pink eye) on Christmas as well. I guess they got so excited about Christmas they made themselves sick. :) Weird that they both got ear infections!
Hope you're doing well, miss you!

Kay's said...

How cute it looks like you had a good Christmas we also had a wonderful Christmas, isn't it so much fun when you have kids? I love the annual progressive dinner idea i am going to share it with our families and hopefully they will want to still the idea!

Jeff and Steph said...

Hooray for the kitchenaid!!!! Brett deserves a pat on the back for that=) Sorry that Jaxson got sick but glad he got over it so quickly. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Thank you for the beautiful card. Happy New Year- may it be full of miracles and joy for you and your family.

PS- I've been wanting to tell you that the baby blanket you sent is my favorite of all the ones we have. It's perfect- very warm but not too thick with just the perfect amount of stretch for swaddling. I love it and hate it when it has to be washed and I won't have it for a day. Thank you again for being so thoughtful.

Hillary said...

That's a good hubby right there, to be able to pick out something like a kitchen aid and know how much his wife NEEDS it!! Glad your holidays went so well. Jax is a doll!

malia said...

i love that you got a kitchen aid! Yay! fun for you. and that was sure a nice present that you got for Brett too. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. So happy to see that! :)

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones