Thursday, October 1, 2009

Gingerbread Men and A Hurt Brett

Every Fall my mom tries to get all the grandkids together to make gingerbread men and decorate them to take home to their families. She lets them help her cut out the cookies and then they get to decorate them anyway they want. This year the kids decided on blue and pink frosting and they used mini M&M's. My mom put her great cookie expertize to work and created a yummy low protein gingerbread cookie for Jaxson. He ate 1 1/2 gingerbread boys before it was dinner time he was loving them. Jaxson enjoyed spending the day with his cousins you could see it made him feel big and he loved being around them and doing what they were doing.
Getting the Gingerbread men cut out
Lexie and Jaxson

Helping Jaxson cut out his gingerbread boys


Braden and Abbie

Getting started

Halle and Gracie--all business

Brianna and Lexie hard at work

Jaxson decorated 2 and then decided he needed a taste Jaxson's gingerbread cookies and also some of Halle's and Gracie's

Getting a little sidetracked
Enjoying Life


This year I've given out Flirty Aprons as gifts to all the girls in my life and today these girls had their aprons on so I wanted a picture. Aren't we so stylish!



Annual Fall shot with Grandma!

We had just finished decorating the gingerbread men and were getting lunch ready when I got a call from Brett that he had just left the Urgent Care and was going to the hospital to see if he needed a skin graph. He sliced his thumb at work on a saw. Thankfully he didn't cut it off or cut the tendons. BIG BLESSING. But from 2pm till 8 we were in the hosptial getting his thumb fixed, it was a long day. They had to take a peice of skin from his arm and graph it on his thumb to close up the wound. He also got a red cast. The funny thing is his brother Leif has a cast too on his left arm right now. So when Leif and his family came over to check on Brett I had to get a picture. Now how many brothers can say that they both had a cast at the same time it's so odd it's funny. Brett doing well. It's one of those things that you wish wouldn't have happened to your loved one but at the same time it could have been so much worse so you count your blessing that it is what it is.

10 comments:

ALL ABOUT US said...

Love all the pictures of the gingerbread making! And I think that the Erickson boys may be accident prone! LOL Im glad it wasnt worse though! having loved ones hurt is a scary thing.

Kandice said...

I love the aprons! Looking at those cookies made me hungry!

KristyAnn said...

Wow...you've been busy! Your mom does the cutest grandma things...and you can tell those kids eat her up. I loved Brett's picture with his brother...now how will they get anything done?

Heather said...

I love the aprons and cute picture you got of you all wearing them! I'm assuming Brett is right handed so that is a plus. If only his brother's cast was red too!

Unknown said...

Cute Cute Pictures!!! What a day we had! We had a little bit of everything yesterday! Sorry you missed the play the kids put on in the afternoon! we're glad it wasn't worse for Brett and we are glad that Jaxson loved his gingerbread men!!Love you all!
Dad and Mom

Angela Wellman said...

What a fun activity. It gets me all excited to make cookies over the holidays.

Andy and Brooke said...

I am so sorry about Brett! I hope he has a quick and easy recovery! I am so glad it didn't cut any tendons too! JAX is soo Cute as usual! We need to get together sometime! Send Brett our Love!

Jeff and Steph said...

Oh, I can't wait to try the gingerbread recipe! Your mom is a special grandma for sure. Love the aprons too! Sorry about Brett- hopefully all heals quickly!

Mary said...

It was so fun to meet you and be there with you and now we love that we know who the people are in the pictures!

Jesenia said...

Oh Diane- I am so sorry, poor Brett. Your mom is so sweet, I love that she does creative things with the grandkids. How are you. Well I hope Brett's recovery is fast. Take care.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones