Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lunch, Witches and Reagan

On Saturday we got to do something extra special and really fun. Feed Jaxson at an Italian restaurant, Buca di Beppo. We travel out to SLC and went to a PKU celebration meal. A company that sales PKU formula sponsored the event. They had low protein spaghetti, low pro rolls, salad, low protein cookies (3 kinds), fruit and low protein chocolate for fondue. They also served regular spaghetti, bread and dessert for us non PKUers. Jaxson ate 2 plates of spaghetti so I think he gave it 2 thumbs up. Words can't explain how wonderful it was to walk into a restaurant and give Jaxson an actual meal and not have to bring out any food I had packed in my purse nor did I have to figure out any protein values for the food he was eating because they were handed to me when we checked in. I don't know if we'll ever experience this kind of thing again but we soaked in the experience and enjoyed every moment. Had to have a picture of my son eating in an Italian restaurant and having a full plate of low protein food in front of him that I didn't cook or have to calculate.
We sat by the Reeder family. They were going to the U of U game after lunch so they were all decked out. Andrea, the mom was the first PKU mom that our dietitian introduced to me. She talked to Brett and I for over an hour and helped us gain faith and hope that Jaxson would live a "normal" life and started giving us knowledge on how we would provide that for him. So Brett and I have a really special place in our heart for her and her family. She has 3 boys two with PKU and one without. Isn't it wonderful that with me just telling you that info you really don't know who in this picture has PKU and who doesn't. Love that about PKU. In this picture there is actually 4 people with PKU and 4 without PKU.
Jaxson was very fascinated with Jonah. He loved his hat and liked to drink his water when Jonah was drinking his drink.

After the lunch we took Jaxson to Gardner Village to see the witches, so darn cute. I had never seen them myself and I couldn't get over how adorable it was.


Coming back to Vernal we stopped at the Park City Outlets. I was at our car when I heard this voice that sounded so familiar I looked over and there was Reagan Leadbetter from Good Things Utah getting out of her car and talking to her son as they headed towards the Nike store. I flipped out! I love GTU. I have watched it for 5 years Mon-Fri so so I was a little "Star Struck" when I saw her. She is my FAVORITE host of the show. So I dragged Brett and Jaxson back into Nike (we had already been there and spent a good 30-45 minutes--it's Brett's favorite outlet store) so that I could get another look and then I got the courage to walk over, talk to her and ask for a picture. She was so nice and super friendly. All the way home I couldn't get over that I met Reagan and had a picture with her.

5 comments:

Jeff and Steph said...

Sounds like you had a super fun time. Jaxson looks like he is really growing up in these pictures. Its funny to think that he is almost as old as Leiah was when I first met you. I am excited for the day when I will get to participate in some more pku activities and we can meet up in person again. So cool that you got to have a "normal" restaurant experience with Jaxson. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Andy and Brooke said...

What a Great weekend! I love that you got to experience a low protein menu for Jax to chose from..Awesome!! Cute Cute family you have!!

Mary said...

Awesome! I'm a chicken and would have never asked.

Hillary said...

I so would've been starstruck too! So jealous!

Jada said...

That is awesome! When I read the title I thought "the GTU Reagan? She must know someone else named Reagan." She is my fav too! You lucky gal!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones