Friday, October 9, 2009

Halloween Chips

I was so happy by these I had to post about them and also wanted to share with my fellow PKU mommies out there that check in on us through our blog. Look what I made today for Jaxson...

Homemade Low Protein Halloween Tortilla Chips

There our pumpkins, bats, skeletons, moons, cats and ghosts for Jaxson to munch on this month. So how do you make a homemade low protein Hallowen tortiilla chip, first I had to make low protein tortillas, press and bake them on our tortilla press, cut them out with Halloween cookie cutters, fry them in our fryer and then salt. I love how they turned out and all the work has sure been worth it since Jaxson has enjoyed quit a few of them today.

I'm so thankful I have the knowledge, special ingredients and products (much thanks to my parents for their love, support and generosity towards PKU) to make things like this for my little guy it makes my heart so warm and fuzzy. So if you are in the neighborhood stop on by for a yummy low protein Halloween tortilla chip we'd love to share with you.

4 comments:

Jeff and Steph said...

Adorable idea for halloween....and any other time of year too. Thanks for sharing!

Liberti said...

Diane! I never cease to be amazed at the Super Fabulous Mom you are --I'm always so impressed with the time and effort you put into making life for your little guy as normal as possible --What a dedicated, loving, caring Mom you are, Jaxson is so lucky to have you!

Andy and Brooke said...

Diane, I am with Lib! You continue to amaze me! Jaxson is so lucky to have you as a mom! He was sent to you for a reason! You are an example to all of us!! Can't wait to try some chips!

Angela Wellman said...

I seriously cannot get over how ambitiously amazing you are! Jaxson is lucky to have you!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones