Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blue and Gold

Brett is the cub master for our ward's scout group and I am his assistant. Our Blue and Gold banquet was last night. For those of you who are like me and scouts is a whole other language/world the Blue and Gold is a night where you invite all the scouts, their families and upcoming scouts to a special dinner and night. Every month there is a theme and this month our theme was When I Grow Up. We had it at the fire station and invited everyone to dress up as what they want to be when they grew up. Brett was a construction worker (guess he's all grown up), Jaxson was a basketball player and as for myself I went as Queen of Cooking. For those of you who know my situation with cooking for Jaxson I'm sure you'd agree I'll be a queen of cooking when I'm all grown up. For me the highlight was getting to wear the official Ms. Uintah county crown, thanks to McKena Wheeler. I loved wearing it, it just made me happy to have it on my head. I've always wanted a crown. Brett said the sweetest thing to me as we were getting into the car. I said, "well I finally get to wear my crown" Brett said, "you always have a crown on you just can't see it but Jaxson and I see it" So sweet.

We feed over 60 people. We did a potato bar, Jell-O salads and cake. The firemen took the boys through their trailer that stimulates a house on fire and they talked with them about what you do if you are ever in a fire. We received a lot of great compliments on the night and the second best part of the night I'm done with organizing, throwing and cleaning up after parties for a while!

6 comments:

Kandice said...

You guys looked so cute. What great scout leaders and lucky boys to have you!

Susieq said...

Yes, those boys are lucky. The leaders make such a difference in scouting. I think Howard was scouting of some kind the whole time we were married. Have fun with it cuz once you're in scouting, you're in it forever.

Andy and Brooke said...

How cute, Jax makes the cutest basketball player ever. Brett is so sweet but so right, you are super woman especially after all you have and are conquering with PKU. Love you guys, Jaxon is so lucky!

Mary said...

Fun for everyone. Sounds like the boys had fun. Tim and I were in scouts together at one time also. I think we always breathed a sigh of relief when the pack meetings were over...until next month, right?

malia said...

wow! what a great idea! congrats on such a successful night! and yay for being done! :) ok, and little Jaxson looks soooo cute!!! :)

The Enloe Family said...

I know how you feel. I have been in scouting a ton and still don't understand it all. I guess we get to learn more as our boys get older and will start to go themselves!!! Jaxson is sooo cute!!! We haven't seen him for a while and he is so cute and so big!!!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones