Sunday, March 1, 2009

Jaxson's Birthday

Jaxson had a fabulous 1st birthday. It was such a special fun day for all of us. I've been trying to decided how much I should blog about and I decided all of it and you can choose how much you read and view.
(getting ready to open presents)

We started the morning off with opening presents. Growing up my parents always had our gifts wrapped and on our coffee table for us to open in the morning. It was special to have a child and follow in the birthday gift tradition. He loved all his gifts specially the slide. We then had pancakes (Jaxson's favorite breakfast) which I served to Jaxson on our birthday plate. We played with all his new toys. It was fun to see that every toy he received he absolutely loved. We then watched Good Things Utah and waited for Jaxson's first TV appearance. I have been watching this show for 6 years so it was fun to see my own child on the show and of coarse I thought my Jaxson was the cutest 1 year old ever to be on the show! =)
(testing out the slide)

(Jaxson with his gifts from Mom and Dad)

(picture that showed on Good Things Utah)

We then got in a short nap and lunch (fries) before it was time to celebrate some more. We took Jaxson along with his cousins to the Vernal rec center for a swimming party. I figured since Jaxson loves his bath going swimming would be a great birthday activity. He had a lot of fun with his family.

(Jaxson's swimming party invitation. It had this invitation, passes to get into the rec center and sweetish fish. Thanks Kristy for helping me make the invitations they turned out so cute)
(Jaxson ready to swim. He's got on his new shark shoes--watch out and swimming suit)

(Swimming with dad)
(The swimming party)


(Swimming party favors)

We then returned home, showered, picked up the house a bit, had a second nap, picked up the balloons and ate dinner before the family cake party. For dinner we had Jaxson's favorite: low pro cheese pizza and apple slices. I decided that would be a fun tradition as well to always eat on Jaxson's birthday his favorite foods even if it means splurging and the whole family eating low pro foods. I had found online a site that carried a 1st year firetruck birthday theme. So everything from the invitations, plates, tablecloth, etc went along with Jaxson turned one and it being at a fire station. It was so great. My favorite was the firetruck party favor boxes.
(Family cake party at the fire station. I wanted 12 balloons on his highchair for the 12 months he has been in our family)

(Family birthday shot)

(Jaxson's birthday cakes. Jaxson and his cousin's ate the mini firetrucks)

(Blowing out the candles--I found candles that said The Big 1)
(Enjoying his firetruck cake)

(Jaxson with his cousins that were able to come to the party)

(The night ended with a ride on the firetruck for Jaxson and all his cousins. Wow how many people can say that they have had a personal ride on the fire truck that's pretty special!)


It was such a fun night. Jaxson got spoiled rotten with new clothes, fabulous new toys and yummy low pro food. Thanks family for all your great gifts. One of my favorite parts of the day was when we were getting ready for bed. Brett or I read to Jaxson every night before he goes to sleep. I wanted a special book for his birthday and for birthday's to come. I found a book called, The Night You Were Born (soooo adorable it will make you cry) I along with all of his family wrote messages of love to Jaxson on the inside and back pages. So that night I read to him his message and then read the book which basically talks about how special you are and how there will never be any one ever like you ever again. It was such a perfect way to end a perfect day!

12 comments:

Angus Family said...

Diane,
Hope you don't mind my peeking. I cannot believe that Jaxson is already a year old. He is so cute.

Kandice said...

He is so cute! I can clearly remember him being born just a year ago...seems just like yesterday. He is so lucky to have such awesome parents to make his day so great!!!

Hillary said...

Oh my gosh are you the cutest mom ever?!! The day looks BEYOND perfect, how priceless for him. I love the pic with him waiting to go swimming in his suit with his sandals! And I LOVED the little firetruck cakes! You are amazing.

Unknown said...

We loved reading about the birthday and we are so glad we got to be a part of Jaxson's day! We think you wore yourself out, but that is being a mom! There will be many more "perfect" days in store for you. Welcome to Motherhood!!

The Dansies said...

Boy Diane, you really went all out! What a fun day and such fun memories! Jaxson is such a lucky little guy to have such a cute mom that does so much for him!

Brian and Amy said...

Holy Cow...you are amazing. Talk about a fantastic first birthday! Looks like you had tons of fun. Jaxon is adorable. You look great too!

KristyAnn said...

Wow girl...you know how to throw a party. He will so enjoy all these photos when he's older. He is incredibly lucky to have you for a mother.

Heather said...

Jaxson is one lucky little boy to have such great parents!!! What a perfect birthday he had.

Andy and Brooke said...

I think you need to be a party planner!! You are so amazing, what a fun Birthday!! I think you probably needed two naps also!! Happy Birthday Jax!!

Jeff and Steph said...

Wow! You are amazing Diane! Jaxson is so lucky to have you. You'll always remember this day and I'm so glad it went perfectly!

Binghams said...

I love watching the "baby destroy the cake" tradition! I love looking at your blog because Gracy is only a few months behind Jaxson and I get to forsee the future :) you are such a fun mommy.

Candace said...

What a Fun b-day party!! The cake turned out so GREAT. I can't believe he is already one, wow!! Well hope all is going well. You did a fantastic job on the party. did he love his cake? talk with you soon!!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones