Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
We had a really busy and nice day so I thought I would post about it. That's what blogs are all about right.=) The day started off with me being able to pinch Brett. He is always a party pooper on St. Patrick's Day and never wears green. I remember as a little girl trying to get into my parents bedroom before my dad had his green on so that I could pinch him. So at least Brett allows me to continue the tradition of getting to pinch someone I love on "green day". I had to go to town to do some shopping before our "going afternoon" rolled around and I think it's so fun to see everyone wearing green on today. It's almost funny if you think about it how on one single day of the year we all wear the same color because it's the "rule". Crazy but I love it.

In the afternoon Jaxson, Carol Hunting and I went visiting teaching. Jaxson and I made our ladies some St. Patrick's Day mother goose popcorn (one of my all time favorites). It was so exciting to watch Jaxson watch the popcorn popper pop the popcorn. He really got a kick out of that. We go to 5 ladies but one was sick so only 4 today. They are all grandma's so needless to say Jaxson gets a lot of attention.
We then went to our cousin Atay's 3rd birthday party. Atya is always adorable but today she was extra adorable with it being her birthday and being so excited that it was her special day. We had such a fun time icing cupcakes, playing pin the nose on Dora, watching Atya in a Dora birthday movie (I didn't know you could do that) and opening presents. Thanks for inviting us Atya and Brooke. I wish I would have taken a picture but we were have too much fun to think about that. Thanks Brooke for going to the extra mile that was really nice of you and things like that always give me so much hope and comfort for the future.We came home and played toys and practiced our walking. Jaxson is so close. I just know it's going to happen any day. Starting last night he is talking a step or two toward his toys, Brett or myself. He thinks it's funny when we try to get him to walk and usually flops around like a wet noodle and giggles. I had to take a picture of him on his "Lio the Lion" it's his very favorite toy right now. He has been playing and playing on it lately. It really saves me when it comes time for getting dinner ready and Brett's not home.


I got dinner ready for my boys and when we went to get Jaxson in his highchair a leprechaun had brought Jaxson a St. Patrick's Day surprise. He left him chocolate gold coins, a chocolate shamrock sucker and chocolate shamrocks. Next year Jaxson and I are going to try to catch him because you know if you catch a leprechaun he has to give you his gold.

It was a nice day. I loved what we did today, the people we got to see and I absolutely loved our weather. It was so warm. I even opened our windows. We still have our bedroom window open and I just love it. I love getting fresh air, hearing the outside and felling the slight breeze. Hip Hip Hooray for Spring!

7 comments:

Binghams said...

I love fun busy days, jaxson is little mr. personality lol. you are such a homeaker I dont think i could pop popcorn out of the popper lol.

Kandice said...

Look how cute you are with all the fun stuff! My kids each had a st. patty's day shirt too...I forgot to take a picture, I am so bad.
You reminded me that I need to go VT!

KristyAnn said...

Jaxson is so lucky to have a mom that initiates traditions on every single holiday. These are the things that make up a grand childhood. It sounds like you had a very fun but busy day.

Andy and Brooke said...

Thank you so much for coming to the Birthday Party! We just love Jaxson, you guys are so amazing! I think you may have had a more busy day than us!! I don't know where you get your energy Diane!!
Love you guys!
PS. we need to plan a play date!

Megan said...

You are good girl. I usually get way into "green" day. This year I was a bit of a slacker...

Jeff and Steph said...

Oh Diane- you are so cute. I love how make every possible moment as special as you can. I want to be like that.

Unknown said...

We are glad you had such a good day!!! It is sure fun being a MOM! We loved Jaxson's shirt. He was so cute.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones