Monday, December 29, 2008

2008

I thought it was only appropriate that I post today about some memorable events that happened in 2008:


January:

  • Brett and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary.
  • My blood pressure started going up and the dr told me to start slowing down. He put me on weekly visits.
February: (WOW where to begin on this month!)
  • On a weekly visit to the dr's on Valentines Day my blood pressure was so high (even after laying down at the dr office for over an hour) that the dr told me I was done teaching, that I was to go on bed rest and that I needed to check into the hospital the next day to see if we needed to have Jaxson (Jaxson was due March 23).
  • Had a stress test done on Jaxson and he was great. Me on the other hand my body was done being pregnant. Stayed the night at the hospital and was released on the conditions that I would be on bed rest, do urine test, blood test and visit the dr every 2 days. We would evaluate every test and determine if it was time to take Jaxson or if we could give him time till he reached 36 weeks old (a better chance for his lungs to be developed)
  • Hit 36 weeks and went to the hospital on Monday, Feb 25 to be induced
  • Things weren't going so well with the pitocin and my body so we stopped the meds and went and had an amniocentesis (where they put a VERY long needle into your belly, draw out fluid, and test the fluid to see if the baby's lungs are developed).
  • Tuesday (Feb 26) got the call that Jaxson's lungs were healthy and returned back to the hospital to be induced again.
  • Wednesday (Feb 27) at 5pm Brett, Dr. B and I decided that the best thing for Jaxson and for my body was a c-section
  • 5:31pm on Feb. 27 We finally met our precious Jaxson Brett Erickson

March

  • Jaxson had jaundice and we had to bring in the lights into our home for a couple of days
  • Received a call from the State Department of Health that we need to come out to SLC
  • Found out that our son's body is very special and unique and that he has PKU
  • Found out that Brett and I are carriers of PKU, what PKU is and what we have to do since we now have a PKUer in our home
  • Started our son on Phenex-1 and a low phe diet--basically this month we saved our son's brain!
  • Met two moms that have children with PKU and they gave me so much hope and great advice!

April

  • Took baby massage classes (a trained professional came into our home to teach me) and gave massages to Jaxson. Supposedly massages have all these benefits one being weight gain and I'd say by looking at Jaxson's checks it worked.=)
  • Found out that Uintah School District was granting me paid time off till May
  • Went to my cousins Kathleen's wedding in Orem, UT with all the family. It was a much needed get away.
  • Chopped off my long hair. I was ready for a change!

May

  • Went back to work for the last 9 days
  • Finished my teaching responsibilities and packed up my room

June

  • My best friend, Kathryn from HS came out to Vernal to visit. We email and talk but it was so fun to be around her. I miss you Kathryn move back!=)
  • Went out to Dave and Marcy Taylor's wedding
  • Uintah High School Drill Team did a fundraiser (their Kick-A-Thon) in Jaxson's name.

July

  • Went to the Erickson/Moore Camping reunion. We didn't camp as long as Brett would have liked but I had a 4 month old, was pumping and I'm not that big of a camper so the fact that we were there for 1 night (in a tent) is pretty amazing.
  • Got my bike and bike trailer
  • Started taking daily morning 4 mile stroller rides with Jaxson
  • Read the first 3 books of the Twilight series

August

  • Stopped pumping
  • Started hosting my wards RS monthly book clubs
  • Had my "Golden Birthday" turned 26 on the 26. I had a massage, got my hair done and Brett and Jaxson surprised me with renting a cabin at Red Canyon Lodge. It was such a nice peaceful birthday.
  • All the baby weight was off

September

  • Went to a Low Protein Cooking Workshop and for the first time tasted, touched, smelled and saw low protein foods that I will cook for Jaxson
  • Met Stephaine at the workshop who has quickly became one of best buddies. You're amazing Steph and I just love talking with you and having you be apart of my life!
  • Started our family blog and became addicted to blogging

October

  • Enjoyed watching Brett play flag football and basketball
  • Made many visits to the care center to spend time with my Grandma Olsen
  • Celebrated our first Halloween with Jaxson the ever so cute bat

November

  • My wonderful and amazing grandma passed away
  • Was able to see all my Olsen family
  • Went to the PKU breakfast
  • Was called as the Sunbeams teacher

December

  • Stopped feeling daily pain and sorrow in my heart that Jaxson has PKU. I still have moments that I feel very sad about it but I don't feel on a daily bases this over-whelming sadness in my heart
  • Went to some great Christmas parties
  • Did gingerbread houses
  • Started experimenting and ordering low phe foods for Jaxson
  • Played Santa for the first time
  • Enjoyed having a child in our home to celebrate Christmas!

What a memorable life changing year 2008 has been!

5 comments:

Jesenia said...

Wow, what a year, I feel like that this year so many changes have happened. And then you look back and can't belive it went by so fast. Well I think our babies may have the same birthday we will see. Take care. Love ya!!

Angela Wellman said...

Diane...I hope you have some idea of how AMAZING you truly are. You have such a positive attitude, and I have always admired that in you. I'm sure that you feel very blessed to have Jaxon in your life, but he is also very lucky to have you for a mom. You're doing a good job, and I hope that things continue improving over the next year!

Hillary said...

Man you've got some great posts lately, I love your year end review! You are so inspiring Diane! I love looking at your blog.

Elizabeth said...

What a year! I am so thankful you have little Jaxson. He brings an enormous amount of sunshine where ever he goes. I just love him and your little family. I can't believe all that has happened since you were pregnant with him. I can't wait to celebrate with all of you in February.

Mary said...

Amazing. You make it sound routine, but I'm sure it's been anything but... We love the updates on your family and Jaxon!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones