Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful...

What I'm THANKFUL for this year:
I'm thankful that I could become a mother
I'm thankful that God trusted us with Jaxson.
I'm thankful for Jaxson's smile, laughter, voice, pats, snuggles and sloppy kisses
I'm thankful that I was able to carry Jaxson to 36 weeks,that his lung were healthy & for csections.
I'm thankful that we were able to bring him home when I left the hospital
I'm thankful for Brett and his love and strength.
I'm thankful I'm getting to stay home and do the stay at home mom thing.
I'm thankful for family and their great support.
I'm thankful for great friends new ones I've met this year and ones I've had for a while.
I'm thankful for my beliefs, Christ, the atonement, the Holy Ghost and the power of prayer
I'm thankful for the newborn screening test
I'm thankful for modern medicine
I'm thankful that PKU has to come from both parents
I'm thankful that I survived February and March
I'm thankful for the PKUers that came before Jaxson and paved the way
I'm thankful that I could drop my pregnancy weight and then some
I'm thankful for blogs
I'm thankful that I've found a hair do I really love
I'm thankful for nap time
I'm thankful that Brett's such a big help with Jaxson
I'm thankful that I'm organized
I'm thankful for uplifting scriptures, talks, quotes, "words of wisdom", etc.

I'm so thankful for all of the things I mentioned but probably the thing I feel most gratitude towards this year is the miracle that Jaxson 's low protein diet grants us.Without it Jaxson couldn't ever be his true self and we would not have the great privilege of knowing him the same way. Not a day goes by that I don't look at him and remember this miracle and my heart fills with thankfulness.



Happy Thanksgiving!




2 comments:

Susieq said...

Diane and Brett, I am thankful that out of all the people in the world, Jaxson was sent down to you two. God doesn't make mistakes, and He knew who would be the best parents in the world for this amazing little boy. Just remember that!

Elizabeth said...

Well Diane, I have a high water table and I couldn't help but be extremely touched by what you wrote. I am so thankful for you and your little family. Your friendship means so much to me! I still think Jaxson has the best mom. Love you!!!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones