Monday, November 24, 2008

New Side

A few months ago I was visiting with Brett's Aunt Robin. We were talking about being a parent. She said something that stuck with me she said, your children will bring out sides of you you never knew existed. Good sides and unfortunately bad sides.

Yesterday I saw a side I never knew I had or thought I would have. Jaxson has been getting over a cold and a terrible cough. We were in our living room sitting on our rug playing with toys when he started coughing. I could see the possibility with this cough that he might spit up a little bit so I put my hand under his mouth. Well he didn't spit up he pucked. The poor little guy pucked three times. My hand only caught the vomit long enough for it to spill over and get on myself, Jaxson, the toys that were around him, his clothes and our living room rug.

I gave him a bath (which he thought was great a bath in the middle of the day), changed his clothes and cleaned up the toys and rug. When that was all done I all of a sudden realized that I had handled pucking like a pro. I was so proud. You see as a teacher I found myself in a few pucking experiences and seriously would run the other way as the child was pucking. I then would take my class either outside of the room till it was cleaned up or we would go to the farthest place away from the vomit. I know no one loves vomit but I just can't deal with it.

It's amazing what you can do and put up with when it comes to your own child.


I also have to post that last night my nice sweet husband took me to Twilight....LOVED IT! It was well worth the wait.

2 comments:

Megan said...

It's crazy how you will do anything for your own child. Even the disgusting stuff! Have a happy Thanksgiving girly!

Elizabeth said...

You handled the barf situation like a true mom! Go Diane!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones