Monday, February 28, 2011

Jaxson's 3rd Birthday

Our Jaxson is now 3. He had his 3rd birthday on Sunday, Feb. 27. This birthday was so much fun because he was so excited about his birthday and turning 3. The night before I started a tradition that I had growing up with in my parent's home. While he was getting ready for bed I put all his wrapped gifts from Brett and I out in the living room. I keep my fingers crossed it would be okay to have them out the night before and it was. He was so happy to see them and told Brett and I over and over "thanks for my presents" and was totally fine with waiting till the morning to open them, he's an awesome kid. He woke up around 8 and was ready to open his gifts and start celebrating being 3.

Brett and I just got to sit back and watch the magic this birthday. He got a magnetic car puzzle, new playdough, Just Dance for Kids, Cars-toothbrush, tooth paste and bubble bath, birthday clothes, a flashlight that lights up and makes animal sounds, a toy motorcycle and one of his favorite gifts this year cars from the movie Cars. He had Lightening and The King but we gave him Chick and then 6 other car characters. It was very tuff to get him to stop playing and get ready for church. Luckily we had a few hours before we needed to go.

Jaxson's big gift this year was his first BIKE! He told us at the end of September or October that he wanted a bike for his birthday. I was so impressed he never asked for one right then or later on but that it was what he wanted for his birthday. We figured his birthday at the end of February would be better then Christmas in December and that was when he wanted it so a bike for his birthday is what we got him. We hid it by our front door for an extra surprise in the morning. He adores his new bike and rode it down to Grandpa and Grandma's like a pro. Crazy to me as his mom since I've biked him around for the last 3 years and now he's biking himself around. All day we ate Jaxson's favorite foods. For breakfast we had upside down apple pancakes with candles of coarse, for lunch spaghetti with breadsticks and honeydew and for dinner homemade fries, green beans, strawberries and grapes! All day he ate with his 3 cars or more beside him and on our family birthday plate-another tradition from my past! I love being able to share and do things that I loved and found memorable as a kid with my own son now.It took Jaxson and I some time to figure out what we were going to do for his 3rd birthday cake this year. He was just starting to like Cars when we decided on a Cars birthday cake and I started researching. He then become obsessed with Cars and I knew the cake would be perfect. It turned out fantastic and was so delicious and moist! Jaxson had a hard time with me telling him he could not race the 3 cars down the road on the cake and even told Heavenly Father about it during one of his prayers. I had to put all the cars on it just right before party because he had to have them all beside him most of the day. Happy Birthday to Jaxson! Jaxson did awesome blowing out all his candles this year. All of Jaxson's family came to sing and wish him Happy Birthday on his birthday!

Uncle Dave and family gave Jaxson this bucket that was full of balls and has it's own built in tee. It was a huge hit with Jaxson. Thankfully it was such a great warm day for Feb. we were able to go outside with it and do what he loves--play baseball!
We ended the party playing Jaxson's new Wii game Just Dance for Kids. Such cute songs on it for kids. Jaxson found a favorite already, If You're Happy and You Know It.
Happy 3rd Birthday Jaxson!
This year was such a fun, memorable and perfect birthday! It's a good thing they only come around once a year.=) I knew when they held Jaxson up to my face and our eyes locked that I was given a VERY special spirit from heaven. I'm so grateful I get to share in Jaxson's earthy experiences. I love him so much and feel honored that I get to call him my son and raise and take care of him.

6 comments:

KristyAnn said...

You have been one busy girl. That cakes is adorable.

Elizabeth said...

I absolutely loved his cake. You out did your self this year. I loved reading about his special day. Birthdays are so fun and you know how to make them so special.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Jaxson!!! Three is such a magical age.

Mary said...

Catching up on blogs here. Happy birthday to Jaxson! He's looking a lot like Brett in some of those pictures!

Unknown said...

Please Join me at Positive Thoughts and see the POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING within you. God bless you.

O blog adolescente!!! said...

oh you blog is so cool

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones