Sunday, February 13, 2011

PKU Valentines Party

This Saturday we went to SLC for a PKU Valentines Party. We left early so that we could go to lots of places before the party at 2pm. My parents went with Jaxson and I and were such a great help. Our first stop was the oulets to do some shopping. We then headed into SLC. After a stop at Whole Foods we went and visited my cousin's wife, Amy who is pregnant with twins and is on bed rest at a hospital in SLC. Wow my heart goes out to her and what she is going through with her babies who are due in April. She was life flighted out to SLC right after Christmas. Our next stop was lunch and then to the party!

The party was in the lounge at the Huntsman Center on the University of Utah campus. I told Jaxosn at 7:15am that we were going to a basketball game and all day he talked about it and asked and asked if it was time for the game. It was great to see and talk with other families with children with PKU. We laughed a lot about our lives with PKU that only a family with a PKUer could truly understand, shared info and had a great time. Sweet Grandma took Jaxson on an adventure to find a basketball. I didn't pack Jaxson's ball for the trip and all day long we heard about how he didn't have his ball. When we got to the game my mom thought she would be able to find one there but had to do a big hike with Jaxson around the campus to the bookstore to find one. After the party we went and watched the women's Utah vrs. BYU basketball game. Jaxson lasted longer then I thought he would without being able to shoot hoops and having to just watch. He keep asking me and telling me that it was his turn to go shoot hoops. We left the game and stopped in Park City for some yummy Cold Stone! One of my favorite places. It's not a fantastic trip unless you get to go to Cold Stone. Then we came home it was a packed full day.
Jaxson practicing his shot.
The ball was a big hit with some of the kids that came to the party.
Telling the clown that he wanted a green puppy.

2 comments:

Jeff and Steph said...

So glad that you had a great trip. I really wish we could have been there but lets for sure get together in SLC sometime in the next several months. Jaxson is growing up so much! We need to see you guys!

Heather said...

Sounds like a very fun day! He is getting so big!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones