Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentines

Our Valentines was LOVELY this year! Sunday night Jaxson and I got his Valentines ready for his cousins. I thought they turned out extra cute. Jaxson picked the orange Crush pop for the boys and the pink (strawberry) for his girl cousins. He loved telling me what cousin would get what color of pop and was a "big help" cutting the ribbon for his Valentines this year. We made Valentine sugar cookies and had heart shaped pancakes for dinner.Jaxson was very excited about his valentine from Brett and I. For the last 3 years we have given him a Valentines shirt, game and treat. Jaxson LOVES playing games and is very into the movie Cars so the underwear was a big hit and he has turned into a big Root Beer fanatic.It was then time to get our Valentine treat plates ready. We gave away homemade Oreo Chocolate balls and some of our heart sugar cookies. We made Valentine delivers to all of Jaxson's aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents to wish them Happy Valentines. Jaxson LOVED taking Valentines to all his favorite people but was a little bummed that we weren't staying and playing at each of their homes. After our delivering our Valentines it was time to go swimming. Jaxson had been asking me since we went swimming in Jan. if I would take him again and I thought it would make a great Valentine date for the two of us during the day. Our friends that we do playdates with came too it was lots of fun swimming with Daisy, Becca, Dalli and Erin. Jaxson was very into "swimming" he would put his head under the water a lot I think he's ready for swimming lessons this Spring and also LOVED the dino slide. After swimming Grandma came by with her and grandpa's valentine for all of us. She always puts our valentine at the door and then rings the bell and hides. Jaxson LOVED finding her outside. They spoiled us with lots of treats that are our family's favorites, a sticky ball and mitts, a Cars color wonder book and a gift certificate for Brett and I to Don Pedros with babysitting for a date night--Yippee!. My mom and I got a kick out of Jaxson because the Valentines basket she brought over had tons of yummy candy that we all love but Jaxson was so excited about the 3 red apples she gave us. That's my fruit LOVING child!After Grandma left Jaxson and I got our Valentines dinner ready. I think our evening was my favorite part about Valentines it was just a special night and it was with my boys. We did homemade heart shaped pizza, breadsticks, cabbage and strawberries. I dipped a few strawberries in chocolate and vanilla they were yummy. We decorated our table all Valentines and then I put a bunch of tea light candles all around our kitchen. We ate dinner and then I had bought one of those Valentine conversational cards and we asked each others questions. Jaxson loved when dinner was over and he got to blow out all the candles around the kitchen.
We then had FHE and of coarse the songs and lesson had to be on love. Brett and I hide hearts around our living room and then Jaxson got to find them. The hearts had writting on them that told good or bad choices (like you share your toys or mom tells you to clean up and you said no) and Jaxson had to figure out if it was a good or bad choice. If it was a good choice he put it by a picture of a home because good choices fill our home with LOVE. There was also hearts that had us tell each other what we LOVE about one another. After our lesson we played Jaxson's new game and then ended the night with a Valentines treat-Valentine sugar cookies and Valentines fruit pizza.
I also have to add that this year for Valentines Brett was very sweet. He made me a CD of music that I'm in LOVE with right now like Train's Merry Me song and had it sitting on our desk as a Valentines surprise for me. When he got home from work he gave me my Valentines card and some new sheets the color that I told him a week or so ago that I want to incorporate in our bedroom. Such a thoughtful guy!

3 comments:

Jesenia said...

Yummy!!! What a fun day. Jaxson is such a cutie. Miss you.

Elizabeth said...

It sounds like the perfect Valentine's Day. You always do so many fun and special things. Jaxson is one lucky kid.

malia said...

Seriously! It looks like you have had so much fun!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones