Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Our January

Our January was good. We always get to start the new year off on a great note--our anniversary. This year was #8 for us. Brett started a tradition I just love when we had our first anniversary with giving me the number of roses that we have been married for it's so sweet. My 8 red roses were so beautiful this year and made our house smell heavenly. Brett surprised me with a wii and the Just Dance 2 game. Jaxson and I are very addicted to that game. We play nightly and Jaxson is amazing with the "robot dance"--his all time favorite. We've had some great Just Dance family nights at our home. I gave Brett tickets to Bon Jovi in March. Brett's never gone to a concert and I figured Bon Jovi is one we can both go to and enjoy. Bon Jovi was on Oprah in January and it got me all excited for our concert it's going to be awesome he's got lots of great hits. I also every anniversary dig out our wedding album and DVD. Jaxson all month long has asked from time to time to watch the movie of when mom and dad got married. He makes me smile.

We've spent January doing just lots of fun things like: ice skating, sledding, swimming, playdates, family dinners with our parents, a temple date night and even a dinner/game night with our friends and their kids at our home. We've tried to make the best of this very cold trap inside month.=)

Brett has spent TONS of time working on our new home with doing all the shelves, doors, framing of the doors and baseboard. Jaxson and I didn't get to see him much this month. He would go to work at 6am come home eat dinner with us for 20 minutes or so and then head down to the house and work till 9:30 or even 11:30pm some nights. He's done an amazing job and I appreciate all the work he's done for our family. It's been a big sacrifice for all of us but I know we will LOVE it and it will be well worth it when it's all done. We are in high hopes of being moved in the first of March. Yippee!

Jaxson and I ended the month with being sick, no fun. We both have sinus infections. I feel back to normal now that I have some meds and Jaxson's getting there. I also reached my goal of running 5k's daily and the crazy thing is I'm starting to like running. I never thought that would happen. In January I also was a book worm thanks to my sister-in-law Danielle and read the whole Hunger Games serious. Such a crazy topic but I was so into them and was staying up way too late to read them they were good! I think Brett was thrilled when I finished reading them.=) I read through them in 3 weeks I just had to know who Katniss ended up with in the end and how it all ended.
I was horrible at taking pictures this month but here are a few shots I did take--
One Saturday while Brett was working at the house Jaxson went down to "help". He even took his own tools to help. He lasted a total of 30 minutes but it was super cute to sent Brett and Jaxson both down to "work" on the house together.

8 comments:

KristyAnn said...

Jaxson is such a cutie. Those photos make me smile. We drove by your house, it looks beautiful. I love the color of the brick. I can't wait to see the inside. Did you like the way the Hunger Games ended?

The Mortons said...

I love the pictures of Jaxson helping out his dad with the house.. he's so fun and such a handsome little guy <3 Can't wait for the house to be finished, I can't wait to come and see it.

stephslater said...

Hooray another runner is born. People think I'm crazy for running, but it gets addicting.
Good luck with the house, and i guess we will see vernal in July. I wish it was more often, but we are home bodies. We love when we do come though.

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on reaching your goal of running the 5K's daily. It pays to be healthy and you look great. I am so excited for your house. You deserve to have something so nice in your life. I am glad you are all feeling better. Love the look of your blog so cute!

Unknown said...

What a cutie with a hammer!! That house is getting closer. What fun it is to move into a new house. Keep getting well so we can play. Love you guys!!

Heather said...

I was the same way with those Hunger Games books. Chris even read them cause I was so into them and he was the same way! Excited to see your new house.

Jeff and Steph said...

So glad you had a nice January. Jaxson is a very handsome helper in your new house. I can't wait to see it! Good Job on the 5k's. I have been thinking about taking up running again. We'll see, maybe when the weather warms up. Anyway, I'm glad your blogging again! Yay!

Elisa O. Taylor said...

I'm excited for you to move in. I will have to stop by when I am working out there next month. Jaxson looks really grown up in that Rockies hat.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones