Wednesday, March 10, 2010

We just finished our "heavenly week".=) Brett now works as a pumper through Questar he's now gone from 4:30am till around 5:30pm for 7 days (Wed.-Tues) and then gets 7 DAYS OFF! It was so wonderful to have him off for 7 days. We didn't do anything major and I think that only added to me loving having him home. Since we moved back to Vernal, almost 5 years ago I've worked for the Galleries doing 2 Saturday's a month so that just gives us 4 Sundays (and any LDS family knows that Sunday's specially with kids isn't really a relaxful "day and sometimes can be a harder day) and then 2 Saturday where we were both home and for a long time those Saturday's I'm off have been filled with something that one or both of us needed to do so to have 7 days straight--so fantastic. We and yes I mean we get up at 4am Brett keeps telling me I don't need to get up but I can't sleep with him up and moving around so I might as well get up and be an extra nice wife and fix his lunch and breakfast. I then get to go back to bed and around the time I'm finally getting back to sleep Jaxson wakes up wanting his Phenex but lucky for me he goes back to sleep for an hour or so afterwords. It's a doable but tuff schedule for all of us for 7 days but then "heavenly" for the next 7.=) I obviously love the 7 days off but I also really loving the fixed hours. Construction work is anything but fixed. I'm so appreciative of Brett getting this new job and getting up at 4am he's so not a morning person but he's doing it like a champ and all for our family.=)


So a few things that happened this week.....

One of my favorite nights of the month was last week---Card Group and it was at my house this month. It's so much fun getting together and making cards. We all do 2 cards and I must say everyone in the group is so talented the cards always ROCK! After we are done I just admire the cards they are always so adorable. I use to never give them away I loved them so much but lately I've been getting much better about giving them away. I made two really yummy things for our card group brownies that were called Over the Top Brownies and boy were they over the top they had a chocolate chip cookie bottom, cheesecake middle and chocolate/nut topping and then I made Parmesan Knots that I thought were delicious and extra bonus they were super easy to make. I found a food blog a few weeks ago and I'm just loving it (I'm a new recipe addict) I've made a handful of her things and have been impressed with everything. The blog is realmomkitchen.com if your interested in making something new.
My cards for March. I loved the Spring paper so even though it was snowing outside while we made cards at least we had Spring paper to look at.=)

Brett took me on a date bowling. We went with another couple from our ward. It was a fun Friday night. I actually won the first game I was impressed since I haven't been bowling since I was pregnant with Jaxson. After bowling we went to JB's for a treat. I want to take Jaxson sometime I know he would love bowling for real. He has a toy bowling set he enjoys because it involves a ball. So if anyone of you ever want to go bowling give us a call we're up for it.=)

Sunday we celebrated my sister-in-law Elizabeth's birthday. They had dinner and cake for her at their home. Eric made this really moist and super tasty German Chocolate cake I was very impressed with my brother. Along with doing a dinner that Jaxson could eat they had bought coconut milk ice cream which is an ice cream that Jaxson can have and cones that I have a protein amount for and surprisingly Jaxson LOVED having his 1st ice cream cone with his cousins. He has never been into his coconut milk ice cream so I didn't think he'd like an ice cream cone, I was wrong. I must admit at one point I could have broken down crying as I watched him on Sunday it was the anniversary of the day Jaxson was diagnosed with PKU and on that day I didn't think I would ever see the day my son would be eating "ice cream" like his cousins let alone I didn't have the knowledge of how I could give him that food/social experience. I've gained so much knowledge since that day and feel that I'm personally in such a great accepting place of PKU it's been a long rode and there is still much more to travel and I of coarse have moments where I'm sad/upset about it but for the most part we are doing so well and that makes me just want to burst with happiness. Not to mention every day I still have that moment where I watch Jaxson say or do something and feel so incredibly blessed that he is so healthy and perfect and know that because we were blessed in finding out that he has PKU and what his diet has to be that we get to have him for who he truly is I'm so thankful and in dept to God for that. It makes all the time, effort, emotional discomfort, expensive, etc of PKU so worth it! So even though I'm sure most of you really don't remember the date when your child had their first ice cream cone or have tons of pictures to docoment the moment like I do it was another remarkable moment where in my mind and heart I got to say----take that PKU! =)

My favorite thing this week (I thought it would be the arrival of my nephew Jayden but he is just not wanting to leave Aunt MarShel in heaven. I think she is telling him her great stories and I don't blame him I miss her stories myself) was surprising Elizabeth with a birthday lunch on her birthday, Tuesday. I had made her think that I wanted her to come to my home for a birthday lunch and we'd just let the kids play but in reality I had invited her best buddies and had them waiting for us at Cafe Rio (one of Elizabeth's favorite places) and had made one of her favorite and mine too desserts--German Chocolate Cheese cake. When she got to my house I surprised her that just I and her were going to lunch and Brett was going to watch all 3 kids and feed them lunch-he is the best what can I say. Then we got to Cafe Rio and surprise--it's a birthday lunch with friends! I was so excited over this you would have thought it was my birthday. I just knew Elizabeth would absolutely love it and she did. I love surprising people specially when it's a great surprise that going to be loved!.


Elizabeth's Birthday Lunch at Cafe Rio. I tried something new the coconut shrimp tacos and I'm still thinking about them they were too good.

Jaxson giving Brianna a ride on his 4 wheeler on Tuesday. They had the best day playing together. They are the best buddies I can't help but think that started long before Earth.
Hopefully my next post will be showing off my new nephew Jayden Morton. I'm getting very anxious to met and hold him bless my sister-in-law Nicki for hang in there for so long to get her bundle of joy here! He'll be so worth it!

5 comments:

Paige said...

Great post!!! I LOVE YOUR CARDS, you are so talented.

KristyAnn said...

I loved the entire (long) post;). Between card class and the birthday lunch I have had so much fun hanging out with you. Let's do it again soon. And that ice cream photo was adorable!

Mary said...

So fun! We're just starting down a specialized diet road with Nate, and it isn't nearly as specialized as PKU, I'm sure, but it is exhausting. We're still discovering his food sensitivities, but after the last few years of increasing stomach (and other) problems, mysterious hives, etc., we're feeling on the right track. The other kids are awesome and getting on board, but he still can't have some of the things they're eating...and at 13, he could eat anything at school and we'd have no idea. And our new favorite is also coconut ice cream. :-)

Jeff and Steph said...

Your week does sound heavenly. Beautiful cards!

Heather said...

Work hard, play hard!!! That should be your new family motto. =)

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones