Sunday, February 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Jaxson!
Jaxson turned 2 on Saturday. This year was fun he knew it was his birthday, that he was 2 (as he shows you 5 fingers) and that he was having a party. I'm so grateful we have Jaxson. He makes our lives so much better and brings so much joy to our home!


We started off the morning with one of his favorite breakfasts, pancakes and bananas. Of coarse we had to do candles in the pancakes. Jaxson just lights up while you sing Happy Birthday to him it's so adorable and like any child the minute the candles are blown out he wants to do it again. Thanks to grandma we've been "practicing" singing the birthday song and blowing out candles the whole month of February so Jaxson is a pro. After breakfast I had him open his gifts that were clothes. Brett started a new job on Wednesday and had to work till 5:30pm so we waited to give him our presents till the party. This year I choose a sport theme for Jaxson since our son already at 2 years old is madly in love with sports, most days are just filled with him and I playing sports and him asking me to find sports on TV for him to watch--what 2 year old does that?=) Believe it or not he can actually dribble a basketball I should post a movie of it sometime it's pretty incredible for a 2 year old. I reserved our church gym so that we could party and have room to play all his favorite sports. It was a big hit with Jaxson he absolutely LOVED it and was in heaven with all of his family around playing "ball"--doesn't get better then that for him! We had basketballs and hoops, footballs to kick and throw, soccer balls to kick and bats and balls to top it off. We had dinner, did a baseball pinata, birthday cake, opened LOTS of great gifts, and celebrated till I said I'm turned off the lights. =) One of the gifts we gave Jaxson was a Hot Wheels 4 wheeler so I had mentioned to everyone coming to the party that if they wanted to bring their child's 4 wheeler, big wheel, roller skates, whatever they could and we would just let the kids have fun! The kids had the best time just having room to move and play. Everything turned out so well and best of all Jaxson had a blast at his party---success!=)


There was so much action going on that it was hard to get really great shots of everyone and everything but here is what I got:Happy Birthday Jaxson!

11 comments:

Heather said...

Good thing you had 3 brothers to prepare you for this little guy. =D I can hardly dribble a bball! Looking forward to seeing this!

Binghams said...

That was such a good idea to reserve the gym! I cant believe he is 2 !!!! happy birthday little Jaxson!

Elizabeth said...

I loved the party. You are a great party planner. I have a one year old party I may need your expertise on. Jaxson is a really special boy. I couldn't help thinking at his party what a miracle he is. We are so blessed like you said to know the real Jaxson because of the medical advancements that have been made in our day for PKU. I can't wait to see what is yet to come. So here's to many more birthday celebrations. Happy Birthday Jaxson!

Kandice said...

What a VERY lucky and ADORABLE little guy. 2 years have flown by....what a great mom and dad he has too!!!!

Susieq said...

I can't believe it's been two years. I know it has been a roller coaster for you. But you are both incredible parents And Jaxon is very blessed to have you. But I know you are blessed to have him too. What a darling boy.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday again Jaxson!! We enjoyed the day with you also!! We are glad we are apart of your lives. Keep having parties and we will be there! Two is such an adorable age enjoy each day! They are only 2 for one year!
Love you all very much!
Grandpa and Grandma

Mary said...

So cute! And amazing he can dribble a basketball. He's getting big...looks like a little boy now.

KristyAnn said...

Jaxson is so lucky to have you for a mom. What a party! And he looked genuinely happy. Aren't birthday parties the best?

Jeff and Steph said...

What an awesome party! You always go the extra mile and I am sure you all had so much fun. I hope you do post a video of Jaxson dribbling a ball- that is amazing and I would love to see it. Happy Birthday Jaxson!

Hillary said...

I am pretty sure you are the most amazing mother! Super cute.

Paige said...

Diane-
Jaxon is so dang cute, he looks like such a little ham!!! Time sure does go by quickly, they grow so fast! Hope all is well.
Paige

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones