Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Monday we did yard work and got our lawn looking awesome. Love our yard and the shade the trees provide on hot days but wow they sure give us lots of leaves and sticks to clean up. Jaxson was in heaven being outside for so long, having Grandpa's Honda and wagon at our home, the lawn mower (he's a big fan of a lawn mower) and then at the end to take the leaves and lawn clipping to the cow and have them surround us was just so much fun for our little guy. Here are some picture of our family yard day:

Enjoying the day!

Ready to get to work!
My boys hard at work!
We went to 7-11 for some gas and a treat for working so hard! Jaxson was so adorable with his Slurpee with almost every bite he told us, "um good".
Thursday night and Friday we got to see and play with Lexie, Gracie and Kole. It made my weekend to see them I haven't been able to see them since November and I've been missing them so much. They came up to our house Friday morning and Jaxson was still in bed and my ever so cute nephew Kole said, "I'm going to go in his room and say Cock-a-doodle-doo!" I've been laughing about that since he said it to me. Jaxson and Kole had such a fun time playing together and listing to them talk to each other was so darn adorable. Lexie, Gracie and myself jumped rope for over a hour and they taught me lots of new jump roping chants. Kole loves hitches and will "hitch"everything and anything. He "hitched" the little red wagon with grandma's jump ropes and then told Jaxson to get in and he'd give him a ride. Jaxson said, "okay" and got in and waiting for a while for his buddy Kole to give him a ride.

Jaxson in his Easter Sunday clothes! Jaxson is a big fan of ties and only wants to wear ties when it comes to getting ready for church. He knows daddy wear a tie, Grandpa wears a tie and he too needs a tie. It was my brother-in-law Jeff's birthday on Sunday and I made another candy bouquet. These are becoming one of my favorite "crafts" things to do. We stuffed a few dollar bills around the candy and told him to enjoy some relaxing Redbox movie nights on us. We had a nice dinner and evening with him and the Erickson family on Sunday.


So in March our ward's Primary Presidency was released and I was put in the new presidency. Being the big Birthday celebration/gift giver I am it was somewhat bothersome to me that they hadn't been giving out a small birthday gift to the kids on their birthdays. So I volunteered myself to finding and creating 54 birthday gifts. Below is what I came up with, with great help from the Internet of coarse.=)

The girls will get ones like this and the boys will get ones tied with hemp. On the back I've written our yearly theme: I know My Savior Lives and then Happy Birthday! Doing 54 took some time but I sure loved how they turned out. We also did a primary activity on Tuesday. We decorated Easter bags, had an Easter lesson, played Easter games and found Easter eggs. We had 42 of our 54 kids come. It was an amazing turnout and lots of fun! I also had Sharing time this last Sunday so it was a big busy Primary week for me.
Brett of coarse cut the wood for me and then even Jaxson was willing to help me get this project completely this week. He thought he was a big dude helping dad with the drill.

8 comments:

Kandice said...

Wow, you have been a busy and crafty girl! I just got put in the primary presidency too...since we share the building I bet we will see more of each other. He is getting so big, and still adorable as ever!

Brian and Amy said...

We finally got out and did yard work at my parents house this past weekend and it was so nice...now it is snowing in Salt Lake...bummer. How did you get those candy bars to stay in that cup? That is such a creative and cute idea. Let me tell you Diane...YOU ARE AMAZING...I can't believe that you put those cute Christ door hangers together for birthdays in primary. What lucky kids. Primary in our ward gets a small size candy bar.

Mary said...

So cute! He looks so grown up in his Easter clothes. Looking at those pictures makes me want spring back! If we're covered in snow, I'm sure you are too... Kind of puts the brakes on spring!

Heather said...

He looks so cute in this little tie! The Primary is lucky to have you.

malia said...

love the update! you are as busy as ever and I love it! good luck with the new calling. you are already doing amazing things. pretty awesome. and it looks like you are pretty much amazing in every other area of your life. :) love you.

Jeff and Steph said...

Wow, that's what I call magnifying your calling. Good job Diane! Jaxson looks adorable in his easter tie. What a cute family you all are.

Kay's said...

You are so cute and creative i am going to start calling you for ideas!! We too love yard work and our boys do too!!

Elizabeth said...

I just love your crafty side. I can't wait to try some of those candy bouquets out of my book that your mom gave me. You make them look so fun! I bet the primary is so thankful to have an organized gal like yourself.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones