Sunday, April 11, 2010

Our Easter

A week isn't' too late to blog about Easter right? Jaxson and I had a blast this Easter. Sadly Brett had to work so he missed a lot of the fun activities. We did get to do things together in the evenings. My brother Greg had his 3 kids in Vernal Wednesday night till Monday afternoon. My brother Dave was going to take his 4 kids to a baseball tournament Easter weekend but it got canceled so everyone was here to party. It was a fun filled Easter weekend from Wednesday night till Monday afternoon for us. We did things together from morning till it was time to go to bed. We loved all of it even with the freezing weather and horrible wind. Tuesday we found ourselves feeling lonely.

THURSDAY: We had a nice dinner at my parents house before my parents did their annual Grandpa and Grandma Easter Hunt. Every year each kid gets 12 eggs to find (they have their initial and a number from 1-12) they then trade it in for fancy prices. This year was fun because Jaxson was into finding his eggs to put in his basketball basket that Grandma and Grandpa gave him and he also liked getting and playing with his prizes this year.
FRIDAY:
We dyed Easter eggs at Grandpa and Grandma's so that we could do an Easter hunt at our picnic. Jaxson thought it was awesome dropping an eggs in colored water and "checking" it with his spoon. Growing up we always went on an Olsen family Easter Picnic at the Sandunes. I have lots of great Easter memories up there. I love that now I get to take my son and he gets to create his own Easter picnic memories.
Kole introduced Jaxson to the hills and how you climb them. Once Jaxson started he didn't want to stop.

Before we left we flew kites.


SATURDAY:

We went to the Naples Park Egg hunt. It was freezing but we scored some yummy candy. When Kole got to my parents house he dumped his candy to look at it and of coarse Jaxson had to do the same. The Easter Bunny was at the park and gave Kole and Jaxson a high 5 before the race started that was a big highlight of the hunt.

Saturday we hung out, had lunch at our house since my parents didn't have power, did Singstar with the kids, made homemade soups and donuts (lots of work but so unbelievably good) and when we came home that night the Easter Bunny had made his visit to Jaxson.

The Easter Bunny hid Jaxson's basket this year in his toy drawer. Of coarse the sport candies were the first things to take his eye.

The Easter Bunny left sport eggs this year for Jaxson to find. He loved running all around the living room finding basketball, football, baseball and soccer eggs.

March 16th Jaxson learned to count to 10 all by himself in one day it came so easily to him it blew my mind. This last week he started counting to 12. Wow! Hopefully counting and numbers will always comes easy to him that would be a huge blessing for him and me when it comes to counting and figuring that phe. =) After finding his Easter eggs from the Easter Bunny he had to count them.

SUNDAY: I didn't take any pictures Sunday but Jaxson and I watched LDS conference and then we had Easter dinner at my parents and went down to Brett's parents house later that night. Jaxson was spoiled and received lots of wonderful outside toys to play with at the Erickson's and more candy.

MONDAY: We took all the kids to the new Naples Park. We wanted to let them play for a while, have a picnic and then ride bikes to 7-11 for Slurpee's if only the weather would have went along with the plan. We ended up back at my mom's after almost an hour for our picnic. I then did a couple of Easter games with the kids. Jaxson and Kole got matching t-shirts at Christmas. On Monday they were finally able to wear them at the same time they were adorable "twinners". Who needs a little brother to match clothes with when you can do it with your cousin.=)

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a fun weekend! I love the picture of Jaxson and Kole in their matching shirts. Easter couldn't have been more fun! You and your mom make holidays so much fun - Thank you!

Heather said...

Love reading about your holidays!

Unknown said...

It was more relaxing to read about it after it happens. But the memories of having family fun is in our minds! We love all of you very much and we will probably be doing more Easter Fun next year!
Dad and Mom

Jeff and Steph said...

Happy late Easter! Glad you had so much fun. I may have to copy some of your traditions!

dewasa02 said...

oke good..

Anonymous said...

Hi Brett & Diane,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blog posts about Naples Park to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you :)
Jane

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones