Monday, September 7, 2009

Sunday was a BIG day for Jaxson. He went to nursery for the first time. He absolutely LOVED it. Brett and I walked him down to the nursery room and when we got there Brett sat him down and without any hesitation he left us and went right for the toys. He had never been there before but wasn't scared or nervous one bit . He was there for 2 hours and the 4 nursery leaders all told us that he had a great time. Our little dude is growing up on us.
I could resist getting out the camera for this shot as we walked to the truck to go home after church.
This week my mom and I made low protein cinnamon rolls. They were so YUMMY! Brenda, a mom back east that has two kids one with PKU has as done a non profit website (www.cookforlove.org) with some really amazing recipes. So far I've made her yellow cake, banana bread and now her cinnamon rolls. They all have been a big hit with Jaxson. Everything I've made of hers also taste "normal" and could be enjoyed by anyone. On Labor Day my mom and I are going to make her veggie nuggets. I hope they are as success as the rest of the food as been. I'm so thankful for such wonderful "pioneers" like Brenda that help us new PKU mom's out.
Love'n the cinnamon roll. I couldn't get it in his mouth fast enough.



This week we also had a playdate with cousin RyLee and Payton. It was fun having the girls over at our new place. Jaxson enjoyed showing off his new yard to RyLee. We walked down on the farm and fed the cows and horses hay. Now how many people can do that on a playdate. Jaxson loves the hay and gets upset when I tell him it's time to go. I think my little man is turning into a farmer.

7 comments:

The Mortons said...

he really is getting so big so fast =[ I can't wait till our little baby gets here so he can meet him. That picture at Church just cracks me up, he seems like he is just such a big boy.

Kandice said...

Aww what a fun and eventful day! I can't believe it is that time already!

malia said...

wow! nursery already!!! i can't believe it. he sure looks cute in his church get up. also, the cinnamon rolls look amazing! :)

Andy and Brooke said...

Jax is getting so big! What a great mom you are! Glad that Jax got to enjoy some cinnamon rolls!!

Binghams said...

I cant wait for nursery to come! maybe they will let gracy in early :) jaxson is the cutest little boy. I just want ot kiss his cheeks.

Jeff and Steph said...

I'm so glad that it went well in nursery. I know it's a little hard to let them go and trust them to someone else- especially when you have the diet stuff to worry about. Now that you've made it through once it will only get easier.

He looks so darling in his church attire! What a cute little guy!

Lindsey said...

That is the cutest church outfit. I can't believe how big he is getting.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones