Monday, August 24, 2009

Bear Lake

Last Thursday we left for Bear Lake, Utah. In July Brett's cousin Kit called and invited us along with Brett's family and Kit's family for a great family get away in August. Kit was able to get us a big cabin that all of us could stay together there was around 40 people. So from Thursday till Sunday morning we were able to call this place home:
The cabin had three levels, beautiful views, a basement that was full of toys, a yard that was packed with kid friendly things and almost every room had a bathroom. We ate breakfast together and then hung out at Bear Lake all day. They had brought up 2 boats and tons of things to ride. I even took Jaxson on the Jumbo Dog it was fun till we tipped over thank goodness for life jackets. At night we had yummy family dinners and just enjoyed the moment together.
Friday Brett took Jaxson and I back to Logan. Brett and I lived there as a couple for 3 years and I lived there for 5 years so it was fantastic to "go back home" in away. I loved Logan and my college years . We took Jaxson up to USU and got a famous Aggie A picture. It was crazy in a good way for me to bet sitting in front of Old Main with my husband and my son on the A. I loved sharing USU with Jaxson. We drove around Logan, saw our old place and went out to dinner at one of our favorite places.

We had such a wonderful family time. Jaxson couldn't get enough of the sand and water. It was one of those trips that you wish time would slow down and you would be perfectly happy doing every year.

6 comments:

KristyAnn said...

It looks like you had such a good time. And I agree, the best trips end way too soon. Those beach photos are adorable!

Jeff and Steph said...

What a fun trip! I love that area...it's so pretty especially this time of year. I also love the new blog layout! So cute!

malia said...

I LOVE the pictures. It looks like you had such an amazing time. Yay! :)

Jeff and Steph said...

Okay- so sorry to be leaving another comment but after checking your blog a couple times I finally made through the entire slide show and have to say that those beach pictures are priceless. That cabin, or maybe it's a beach house?, looks amazing too. Jaxson looks like he is getting so big now. He is adorable.

Mandi said...

That sounds like so much fun! We've thought about going to Bear Lake on a little vacation because it's so close. When you get a minute email me with your new address! I've been waiting to mail your birthday card.

Candace said...

That place looks so amazing. Is it someones house they rent out or what?? How fun i am so jealous! Hope all is going well, I am still waiting for your heel sticks to come in so if you need more until then let me knw and I will get you a couple to use.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones