Saturday, August 15, 2009

Train, Pony and the Fair

Friday night we were invited to a neighborhood dinner. The party was at a very neat place, the Mott's. They have spent years building a train track around their house and land. They even have a tunnel for the train to go under, a bridge it goes over and a small petting zoo it goes by. If that wasn't enough they got out a Shetland pony for the kids to ride. Jaxson just loved it. He started calling the pony "mine".

Riding the train as a family

Saturday we took Jaxson to the fair. I had signed him up for the baby contest. He did so well. It was very noisy and a lot going on where they had the contest but Brett and I were impressed with the "tricks" he was willing to do. He won Best Style and I think our Jaxson does have style. After the contest we walked around the fair. We had so much fun with Jaxson in the Little Red Barn. It was a fun place for kids to do hand-on farm things.
Waiting in line to see the judges


Jaxson with his style award! Way to go stylish Jaxson!



Big Red Barn Pictures


Planting Corn

Gathering corn seed to feed the cows
Driving a "tractor" and wagon

Milking the cow


They gave every child an apron and basket to go through the Little Red Barn

Jaxson loved the animals and hay that were around the barn.

One of the helpers in the barn was a teacher I had taught with at Naples so she spoiled us and had her husband get out on of the baby pigs for Jaxson to pet.

4 comments:

Brian and Amy said...

Wow, that is pretty impressive that someone would build a train around their property. Very cool though. Jaxson is getting so big! I love his cute cheeks, and Diane...you are looking foxy!!!

Jeff and Steph said...

Wow, what a fun place! Such cute pics and memories.

Binghams said...

you guys are my model family...lol. your pictures perfect. jaxson is getting sooo big.!!! I am in love with those pictures of Brianna in your last post to. she is such a mommy's girl.

malia said...

GO Jaxson!!!! Style award. Awesome. And how fun is that little fair? I love it. Oh man I wish I was there. I want to see him...and you and Brett, of course. :)

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones