Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Weekend

Friday my mom, Jaxson and I took a rode trip out to SLC to watch my niece Halle compete at Lagoon with her jazz solo routine. She did AMAZING and the judges agreed she won 1st place. She got this huge trophy, a sash, and a crown. Ever since she won the crown I've been bugging her to let me have it since I'm a little bit obsessed with crowns but she wants to keep it, darn it. She did let me wear it though.
Jaxson loved this at the Lagoon.


Saturday was Brett's Grandma Moore's 88th birthday. Aunt Sandra did a party for her in her beautiful yard. It was such a nice day in fact I came home with a sunburn. Jaxson loved being outside for so long and playing.

The birthday girl with her great grandkids that were able to come to her party!

Kaysia, Kylen, Jaxson and RyLee---Jaxson's Erickson cousin's minus baby Payton


Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day! Brett got up and played with Jaxson when he woke up so that I could stay in bed as long as I wanted to, such a luxury when you become a mother. Then Jaxson and Brett brought me breakfast in bed and cards from each of them. They had the sweet messages. I usually don't keep cards but I think I'm going to have to keep these. My boys got me a deep freeze. I've never gotten so excited over an appliance in my life. I have really been wanting one for a while since our freeze is packed full. I didn't know how possible it was for us to get one with us living in our apartment but Brett got one that fits perfectly on our little deck. I just love it and am so thankful to have one. I guess you know you're grown up when things like freezers just make you super happy.=)

We spent the afternoon with Brett's mom, Carolee. We made her lunch. It was fun to do something special just for her. She does a lot of cooking for the family so it was fun to do it for her. We had BBQ orange coconut salmon and chicken, potatoes, fruit, broiled broccoli (my favorite way to do vegies right now), a jell-o salad and then a fresh strawberry pie. It was yummy. I just think Brett's an amazing husband and any amazing husband had a VERY amazing mother.

I took Jax off of his favorite toy at Grandma's for this picture he wasn't too happy about that. Carolee is sporting her cute apron we gave her for Mother's Day.


We then spent the evening with my family. We had another amazing meal and just sat outside and enjoyed the rest of the day. Jaxson gave Grandma some new sand toys and he really enjoyed the sandbox even when he was the only kid in it.

Elizabeth, my mom sporting her apron, Danielle and myself--The mommies of our family!


It was a really nice day. I'm glad there is one day out of the year where I can be spoiled as a mother and we can spoil our mothers for all the do for us throughout the year. I'm so thankful I'm getting to experience motherhood, what a fun journey. I'm also very thankful I was sent to such a special amazing women to be my mother. I have and continue to learn so many things from my mom.

6 comments:

Kandice said...

I'm glad you had a great day. You are very lucky to be surrounded by such great people on both sides of the family! Happy Mothers day!

Hillary said...

Well, you are a pretty amazing mom, so you totally deserved a wonderful day!

Brian and Amy said...

I am so jealous that you got a deep freezer! I have been saving up to get one...I can't wait.

Jeff and Steph said...

Yay! I simply couldn't live without our deep freeze and don't know how any pku family could survive without one! I'm so excited for you and am so impressed with all the cooking your doing! You've got some skillz!

malia said...

oh you all look fabulous! i'm glad that you were able to be with everyone! Yay!!!

Unknown said...

What a great mother you are!!! I can see that deep freeze getting total full with Jazson's food! I am very glad that I am your mother!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones