Wednesday, April 8, 2009

being a boy

Tuesday night Brett was doing some yard work when Jaxson and I got home from a walk. So Jaxson and I stayed outside to watch what daddy was up to. Jaxson loves outside. The moment he wakes up he starts waving goodbye in hopes that we are going to be going outside. So after a while of watching daddy I needed to get dinner going so I left Jaxson with Brett on the lawn. Soon I heard Brett say, "babe you might want to get a picture of this". So of coarse I came out with my camera to find Jaxson playing in the mud like a typical boy. He had crawled over to the hose and was splashing water and dead grass all over himself. He was having a blast.
It reminded me of when I was pregnant with Jaxson and I was on recess duty. It was winter and we had snow and I was watching the kids. I remember seeing the girls acting like princesses on the snow with their girly coats and I looked over and saw three boys (2 brothers and a cousin) jumping off the sidewalk into the snow and landing right on top of each other and laughing like crazy. And I thought "I'm getting one of those". It wasn't a disappointed or scared thought it was just the first time it really hit me that I was getting a boy and all the action and behavior that comes with a boy. Last night just reminded me of this moment. I'm sure this is the first of many days I'll have to scrub down Jaxson after playing and get him in a completely new pair of clothes.

8 comments:

Hillary said...

Classic boy. I love that you just enjoyed it and didn't take him out of the mud!

Andy and Brooke said...

How cute!! Its great that you and Brett are so patient to just enjoy those moments! I bet Jaxson totally enjoyed himself!

Kandice said...

That is so cute! I remember playing in the mud with my brothers...I love those "firsts" that are so fun and amazing to watch.

Liberti said...

I remember the first time Laex played in the sprinklers and mud - once I discovered it I just let him keep going - it was too cute to stop and a perfect pic. opp. --so fun!

Jeff and Steph said...

What a fun moment!

Megan said...

Love it! So true!

Unknown said...

HAY all you guys that is so cute ! all of your picturs are so cute tell Jaxaroo! Hi for me Love Lex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

But he's so stinkin cute...love his little muddy face!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones