Sunday, May 1, 2011

We're HOME!

On April 8 we stayed our first night in our new home. We closed our loan on April 15 after much drama. I love our new home. I have once again learned the lesson that there is a time and season for everything and that God is very aware of us down to the details and has greater plans for us then we can dream up for ourselves. The first few days I felt like a little girl playing house and was just giddy about our home. It's perfect for us. I could type many things about our new home that I love like how I love the floor plan, the colors, our views, the bay window, our fans, the location, the pantry in the kitchen, the microwave above the oven, our jetted tub, the appliance closet, the garbage disposal, the nook between our rooms, all of Brett's finish work, the garage, the extra refrigerator but I think I'll just share the top 3 things I just LOVE and CHERISH about our new home.


#1-My KITCHEN! It's fantastic. I love how open it, the bar to prep and cook my dishes without it ever feeling like I'm running out of room, my cabinets, my fancy appliances specially my stove it's amazing! I spend a lot of time cooking in the kitchen so it's wonderful to have a space that I just love to be. I feel so spoiled to have such a wonderful kitchen but I'm using it to the fullest and loving it!


#2-I love how much light comes into our home. From the moment the sun comes up till the moment it goes down it's so light. I love that. For me having that sun come in just feels my soul with JOY and for such a long period of the day is amazing. There have been many nights that we don't turn on a light till 8ish. I really enjoy and appreciate all the light that fills our home so naturally.


#3- I love the feeling in our home. The first time Brett and I stepped into this home when it was just barely framed I could sense that this spot had a great feel to it and that we would have many wonderful happy memories here. So far that's very very true. I'm grateful for all the places we've been able to live in and can see how they at that time were perfect for us but also how they made our first new home such a fantastic place and a dream come true.

7 comments:

KristyAnn said...

Wow...I love that kitchen! I can't wait to see the rest of it. I'm going to stop by this week. I am so HAPPY for you.

The Mortons said...

I'm SOOOooo HAPPY for you guys!! I LOVE the house as well... and it's perfect for you guys <3 Thank you so much for inviting me over for dinner while Joey was gone. Hopefully one of these days I'll be confident enough to cook and have you guys over to my house :( Love you guys so much and I'm so glad that your finally in your house and you LOVE it so much.

I also love the pictures of Jaxson with his golf clubs, haha he is so stinking cute and I LOVE that he is so into sports. I hope Jayden will be as into them as his cousin Jaxson is.

Brian and Amy said...

That is so great!!! I love it. Post more pictures soon. I can't wait to see it.

Elizabeth said...

You deserve that kitchen for all the cooking you do! I am so happy you finally got the home you have been dreaming of. It really is a beautiful home!

Mandi said...

I didn't know you guys built a house! That is awesome! Congratulations! Send me an email with your new address!

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

YEAH FOR NEW HOUSES!! SO happy for you guys...

Heather said...

That is an exciting day for sure! What fun!!!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones