Friday, May 20, 2011

I Did It

I officially ran a 5k race! I never thought I would add that to my "bucket list" and then cross it off. I remember saying in May 2010 to Brett's Aunt Delsi that I had no plans to ever run a race fast forward to almost an exact year later and there I was running my first 5k race. Never say never right! I actually enjoyed the race. It was a lot in the making but when it came time to run it I was so prepared and conditioned it was perfect. When I committed to the goal of running this 5k I also made the personal goal of doing it 30 minutes or less so that I was running 10 minutes miles. I met my goal at 29:44. Daisy, me and Erin--my running gals!
Thanks to Daisy I did this she is the one that introduced this idea to me in January, thanks Daisy. We also ran every Saturday since the last week of March so thanks to her I was prepared for a 5k outside which is a LOT different then running on a treadmill with great shocks. It was a lot of fun running with my gals!
My Biggest Cheerleader! Brett and Jaxson were between mile 2 and 2.5 and Jaxson was cheering me on as I passed it was the best and gave me lots of energy to finish. He was so cute with other runners as they finished telling them, "good job". Love my Jaxson!


I had great support for my race. Brett, Jaxson and my parents came. It was awesome to have my loved ones there to see me race and finish.

8 comments:

Susieq said...

I am so proud of you.

Heather said...

That is awesome!!!

stephslater said...

hooray! That's an awesome time!

Elizabeth said...

I admire you so much! Preparing for a race with a busy 3 year old and moving and being in the primary presidency, need I say more! Good Job!!!! You deserve a moment to be so proud of yourself!

KristyAnn said...

You are amazing. You really are. And you look GREAT! Isn't it fun to keep adding to that bucket list?

Annalee said...

Congratulations!!! You 3 all even look cute after running the 5k! I'm impressed..actually, inspired is a better work. AMAZING!!!

hapi said...

Hi Brett and Diane, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Andy and Brooke said...

Diane,
You ROCK, I want to run a 5K with you!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones