Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines

So today is the day we all post about our Valentines right? So here is ours:

We started the day off with a great almost full nights sleep just up at 5am for a bottle then back to sleep till 8. For a month we have been getting up with Jaxson almost hourly from 1am till 8am-such a challenge for me I'm one that really needs a full nights sleep. It's amazing what sleep can do for a person. I think Jaxson's lack of sleep is due to the fact that he has had two back to back colds. Thankfully he is finally getting better but sadly both Brett and I started colds on Saturday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's the same cold Jaxson has had.
We had a Valentines breakfast-heart shaped pancakes. Gave Jaxson his Valentines from us--low pro chocolate (which he absolutely loves I'm so glad I ordered it for him) and the game, Go Fish. He's not quit sure about that game with those fish going round and round . We then drove around Vernal delivering Jaxson's valentines for his cousins.

Brett and I then dropped Jaxson off at my parents so we could go on a Valentines date. We went to Don Pedro's and met some of his family and work friends there. It was fun to be out with a group we haven't done that for a while. We then all went to the movie, Mall Cop-funny. The only down side was that we were late and it was so packed so we didn't get to sit by each other.

When we went down to pick up Jaxson my brothers and their families (except Lexie, Gracie and Kole-we missed you guys) were there so we stayed down there for a while and visited and of course grandpa soiled the kids by getting the Honda out for rides. Jaxson's little nose was bright red when he was done but he was having so much fun. He takes after his cousin Kole and loves the Honda. My parents gave Jaxson a candy bouquet from the Little Sweet Pea and a truck. My mom had me type up a list of "free" phe candy and they arranged him a bouquet from that list. It was so neat to see a bouquet of candy that he could eat and of coarse it was so adorable. It's still so exciting and almost relieving when we find or get items that are healthy for Jaxson. It always reassures me that it's going to be okay different but okay. Jaxson got spoiled rotten by all of his cousins, aunt and uncles, and grandparents. They were all so thoughtful in trying to picking up things that he could eat. I really appreciate every one thinking about our son. It means so much to me.

Valentines night we had a family dinner. Growing up I don't remember my parents going out on a date it was always a family celebration and I wanted to do that with Jaxson. So Thursday night I put my "thinking cap" on and started thinking about what we could eat as a family. My awesome friend Stephanie (who has a daughter with PKU) had told me about pizza's she does for her daughter. So I thought I would try that and spent Thursday night figuring out the phe amounts and how I could feed him during the day and still do a mini pizza for him. I know some of you might think strange Diane wanted to do pizzas since I'm not a pizza lover but I thought it's something I can make work for Jaxson. So Brett and I made BBQ pizza (which is a pizza I don't mind eating) and I made Jaxson a pizza. So there we all sat with are own pizza, grapes, and of coarse chocolate since it's Valentines Day. Jaxson LOVED his pizza I think it's his new favorite food. He just sat there and put piece after piece in his mouth. He didn't even want his water until it was all gone which is so abnormal for him he loves his water and is constantly drinking it while he's eating. I can't begin to explain how gratefully/excited/happy I was to so see not only Jaxson enjoying eating something that's so easy to fix and that I can purchase all the items in our grocery store but to see that I had pulled off my first family dinner. Brett and I were essentially eating the same thing our son was eating and that was the best Valentines moment ever.




3 comments:

Jeff and Steph said...

Hi Diane!
Sounds like you had a wonderful Valentines Day. I'm so glad that Jaxson liked the pizza. I agree that it is the best feeling ever when you make something for them that they really like. I just wish that Leiah was as good an eater as Jaxson! She is so darn picky!
Thanks also for all your kind words and the beautiful card. They mean so much. Love, Steph

Andy and Brooke said...

You are such a sweet mom!! It sounds like you guys had a great Day!! I need a list of Jaxson's candy that he can eat too!! Happy Valentines!

malia said...

That is so great! yay! :) and he is just a doll. Glad you had a nice Valentine's day! Love you lots.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones