Sunday, June 7, 2009

Our Summer So Far

We just took our first summer trip it was out to Grand Junction, CO to visit my brother (Greg) and his kids (Lexie, Gracie and Kole) He has had them for 2 weeks so we thought we would go have some cousin time. Sadly Brett had to stay to work (hated that) but I was able to take my niece Halle and nephew Carston and they were a huge help with Jaxson while driving. We stayed for 5 days and had so much fun. We did too much to blog about every thing but some of the highlights were swimming, riding 4 wheelers, playing at the park, eating Cold Stone 3 of the 5 days (YUMMY!!!), playing with new toys (at least to Jaxson) and just hang out together. I wish things could have stayed the same for my brother and his kids but it was good to go over to his home, have such a fun time and realize that live goes on and there is lots more fun family times to have. Greg is such an amazing father and it's easy to see that his kids just adore him. Thanks brother for letting us come over to have such a great time and letting us be apart of your time with your kids!


We came home and the next day Brett and I traveled out to SLC to attend a PKU insurance meeting. We learned a lot which is awesome I so believe that knowledge is power and like always the best part was just visiting with the families. It was crazy to drive 3 hours sit in a 2 hour meeting and then turn around and drive home but so worth the trip. It's been a while since I went to bed at 1 am thankfully Elizabeth and then Grandpa watched Jaxson for us and wore him out because the next day he sleep till 10:10 am----so nice! Wish that would happen once a week.=)

The rest of the week has just been getting back into our routine and resting up from our travels. Tonight Eric and Elizabeth invited us over to their house for a swim/BBQ party. We had a really great time. Here are some pictures of tonight:


Don't they look so BIG!

Abbie is 1 month old today! She is such a doll!


Our Grand Junction pictures:



As soon as we got there Jaxson found Kole's 4 wheeler. Kole wasn't quit sure about Jaxson riding it himself but LOVED giving him rides.

I was lucky and got to drive around the boys! Thank heaven's for little boys!

We went to this really nice park to play for a while.



Jaxson loved the park. I think he climbed and went down the slide more then anyone!





Where's the best place to go after playing at the park---Cold Stone! I just had to get a picture because this was Jaxson's first time eating there. I LOVE Cold Stone and anytime we go out of town it's a great trip if I manage to get Cold Stone. Well since they are an ice cream store and ice cream isn't healthy for Jax I thought it would be one of those things we wouldn't be able to experience together but thankfully they have sorbet and sorbet is on the okay list of things to eat. Probably sounds crazy to you all reading this but it was so thrilling for me to be able to order Jaxson something from Cold Stone! It was another moment where I found myself thinking wow we are getting to do this and I so thought we weren't going to be able to.

What happens when you've had LOTS of fun and you go for a ride.


Jaxson and Kole took a bath together almost every night we were there. This was Jaxson's first time to have a buddy in the tub. They would bath and then both put on Jaxson good smelling lotion (baby lotion I just love that on kids) and get in their pj's together. It was so fun watching Kole and Jaxson play. They have a lot of the same interest. I hope these two are always best buddies!

Shopping at the City Market. We had to go there a few times and every time Grandma spoiled this two but getting this cart for them to ride in.My dad traveled over as well. It was his birthday and why not come spend it in Grand Junction. It was fun spending the whole birthday with my dad it's be a while since I've been able to do that.


While we were eating dinner my mom asked my dad what he remember about his birthday's when he was little. He said playing games like red rover. The kids had been wanting to play that since I taught them Steal the Flag the night before so we went out to the front and played.


I was also able to find some food items for Jaxson over in Grand Junction. So exciting!!! I love living in Vernal but it's horrible when it comes to find foods other then fruits and vegetables that work for Jax. I'm in hopes someday someone will open a whole food store until then I'll have to keep shopping while in the big cities and ordering online. One of the things I was able to get was chocolate ice cream bars (they are made with coconut milk and are non-dairy) he went to town eating it. I knew right then that they trip was so worth it and anything else was "icing on the cake".
Partying in our PJ's!

7 comments:

Susieq said...

thank you, Diane, for sharing your weekend. And I was finally able to see a good picture of Kole. That kid doesn't hold still for most of them. he sure looks like his Daddy.

Danielle said...

Wow what a trip. I am kind of sad that I missed it. Thank you for taking Halle and Carston. They had a blast. You are the best.

Heather said...

What fun!!! We love Cold Stone too. Especially Chris!

Jeff and Steph said...

Hey Diane!
Sounds like you had a great time! I can't wait to hear how the insurance meeting went. I so wish I could have gone. I'm glad Jaxson is enjoying his new foods too.

Megan said...

Thank goodness for little boys is right! Jax is getting bigger and bigger every post! I love GJ. We just got back from there last night. We would move there in 5 seconds if we could!

Unknown said...

It was fun having you in Grand Juction with us!! When I asked the girls what was their favorite part of their two weeks, they said, "Having the cousins here!!" Thanks for bringing them. Family is the best and it will always be that way! Love you for all you do for everyone!

Tawny said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip to Grand Junction! I miss games like Red Rover!! How you guys are doing well!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones