Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

We had a really nice Father's Day. It seemed like the day just flew by with all that happened. We cooked Brett his favorite breakfast: french toast with apricot syrup, bacon, eggs, milk and orange juice. We surprised or tricked him with his Father's Day gift--so fun. A while ago Brett mentioned while at dinner that he would like to have a leaf blower. He mows a couple of laws on the side. So I of coarse took note of his suggestion for his Father's Day gift. You see November 20th was the day we started dating and sometimes we give each other a gift on that day, then December brings Christmas, January our anniversary, February Valentines, March Brett's birthday, thankfully May I have a brake and then June Father's Day. So by the time Father's Day comes I've been thinking of gift ideas for a couple of months. A week before Father's Day just to see what he said I asked him what he wanted and he gave the great answer, "nothing". Right like I would let a day like Father's Day go by and get him nothing I don't think so. So I got Dr. Pepper and bags of cinnamon bears (he's favorites) and had Jaxson do a card for him and gave him that in the morning when we first woke up. I know he completely thought I took him for real and only got him that for Father's Day which he was completely happy with, he's great like that. But Jaxson and I surprised him with the leaf blower on the kitchen table and he loved it. In fact he had used his Aunt's the day before and liked it so much he took note what kind it was so that he could get the same one. Which made me really happy because when I went to buy the leaf blower there were a few to choose from and I knowing nothing about leaf blowers had hoped I had picked out one he would like. I love surprising Brett with gifts he gets excited over or loves and this was one of them.
The rest of the day was spent at church, taking pictures with the Erickson family and then dinner with my family at Eric and Elizabeth's.

I'm thankful that I have such a great guy to be the father to our Jaxson. Jaxson adores Brett. He gets so excited when he comes home from work. He loves playing with him, having Brett read stories to him, mowing the law on his shoulders and snuggling with him. I always knew Brett would be a really terrific father but it's fun to see it actually happen.

I'm also really thankful for my daddy. He is such a wonderful and caring father. I always know I can go to my dad for anything and that he will always be there to help me. If there is one person that might get Jaxson to pick them over me it would be grandpa. In fact Friday night Jaxson was in Grandpa's arm and we were getting ready to go and as I was trying to get Jaxson he waved good-bye to me. He was disappointed to know that he was leaving with me and not staying with grandpa.

Jaxson and I are so blessed to be surrounded by such great and wonderful men! Here are some pictures of our favorite guys...

6 comments:

The Mortons said...

haha. I never realized how short Joey is compared to the rest of the boys in the family. That's funny.

Jeff and Steph said...

Sounds like fun! You are always so good to make each of these days special. I noticed a funny little similarity that we share- Jeff and I's first date was on November 20th also! It's also the day that we got engaged- one year later. Funny -huh!

Unknown said...

I loved your blogg as always!!! Loved the pictures! You have a way with words! Have a wonderful night and know you are all loved by us very much!

Hillary said...

Oh my gosh you look gorgeous! Glad you guys had a great day.

Heather said...

What beautiful photos of you guys!

Andy and Brooke said...

Sounds like Junction was a good time!! I am glad you all got to spend that time together. I miss all the kids! We need to get together this summer!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones