Tuesday, November 22, 2011

October

I better hurry and post Oct before it's time to post November.

Gingerbread Cookies: Every October my mom invites all the grandkids over to decorate gingerbread cookies. We had lots of yummy cookies to eat in our home thanks to Jaxson and grandma.

DINOSAURS: We were able to go to the newly opened Dinosaur quarry and the museum in Oct. Brianna and Abbie were great friends to invite us to come along with their family.


CORN MAZE: Brett and Jaxson joined his family to go have some fun at the corn maze. Such a fun Fall activity. I was sad I was out of town when they went but there is next year. Jaxson told me all about it and sounded like he had the very best time.


COOK FOR LOVE: In October I was able to go to a PKU Cook For Love workshop in SLC. Now this workshop wasn't just any kind of workshop at least not to me. It was a dream come true right up there with meeting Oprah.=) Going to it I felt the excitement of my birthday, Christmas and my anniversary all wrapped into one. It was a BIG deal to me.



My PKU Super Hero--Brenda!

Her name is Brenda I feel that she is an earthly ANGEL! She has 2 children one with PKU. She lives in NY and co fonded a PKU food website that has changed my world. It has allowed me to cook delicious breads, main dishes, side dishes and desserts for my family. Brenda has given me back the hope that we can all sit down at the dinner table and eat the same things and not just anything but absolutely delicious food. I now have lots of yummy food options for Jaxson and for us not to mention the peace of mind that she has brought into my life.


I felt honored and knew it was a sweet blessing from God that I who adore her and her fabulous recipes was able to spend hours with her and talk to her and gain knowledge. It was for sure a highlight in my year. She only commits to 2 or 3 a year she told us and the fact that Utah was the one she did say yes to I'd say God was smiling down on me for sure


I could go on and on about this girl, Stephanie. She is one of the most amazing people I have had the chance to meet through PKU. No question in my mind I was meant to meet her. I'm thankful for her friendship and all the support, help and love she gives me and my family. She is really one of the great ones and I'm blessed to call her my friend.




Halloween Party with all (well almost all) of Jaxson's cousins. We invited everyone over and had a total of 15 kids in our home for a Halloween party. We played Halloween games and had a Halloween witches brew float. It was fun to spend time and put a party together for my nieces and nephews.


No comments:

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones