Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Our 4th

We stared celebrating the 4th on Saturday evening with a bbq at my parents house. After eating my parents filled up their 3 kiddie pools with warm 110 degrees water. Jaxson is in love with swimming at grandma's and asks me everyday to put his swim diaper on and take him to grandma's to splash. He can't get enough this summer. Elizabeth brought down her red, white and blue polish and did all of our toes so that we were ready for the 4th!

Later that night we joined the Erickson's at MarShel's headstone. Nicki brought some flowers, Carolee brought some 4th of July balloons and we even did a few sparklers for Auntie MarShel.
Jaxson thinks Grandpa Darwin is the coolest with his leathers and motorcycles that he rides!
Ms America 2010!=)
SUNDAY we went to church and afterwards both my boys crashed for a 3 hour nap--LOVED it.=) I got around to watching a lot of shows on my DVR it was fabulous and made for a very relaxing holiday!=) That evening we went to my parents for dinner, did a few fireworks before going to the big fireworks up town after those we went to Nicki's for more fireworks! Jaxson LOVED all the fireworks in fact since the 4th he will ask me from time to time to take him to see the fireworks.
We got Jaxson and Kole matching 4th of July shirts. When I saw this 4th of July baseball shirt it screamed Jaxson to me.
Having a midnight snack before bed.


MONDAY--we watch the good old 4th of July parade. Jaxson actually watched the parade sitting on his cousin Braden's lap. When the 15 year old all-star team came by Braden's friend dumped a full water cooler from the top of firetruck right on them but Jax didn't seem to mind getting wet. After the parade we went shopping, Jaxson's napped, Brett went golfing and I cleaned our house. Not too much celebrating Monday but that was okay we had already had a great 4th of July weekend!

Brett got Jax this hat in Grand Junction (another thing I need to blog about) Jaxson adores this hat and wears it all day and even would even like to wear it to bed if I would let him. He thinks it's his helmet and he must wear it to play baseball and since we do baseball all day he wears it all day.=)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I loved the picture of Grandma Carolee and her crown. Jaxson is definitely a fish made for water. Your 4th of July weekend sounded wonderful especially if you got some much needed downtime with your DVR. If your toes are in need of a new paint job stop by some time!

Jeff and Steph said...

Sounds like the perfect 4th of July! Jaxson is adorable in his little hat. Hats are pretty precious to the male species I have come to learn =) I think its neat that you included Marshel in all your festivities. What a wonderful family.

Elizabeth said...

Love your new blog background!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones